Are YOU Interested in Joining the Rooted In Team?!
Garden Gnome-It-All (aka Garden Center Concierge)
(Part Time- Seasonal)
We need another employee that totally digs providing guidance and advice to customers on the selection and care of plants, shrubs, trees, and related items! You’ll also be branching out, helping in the day-to-day (AND weekend) operations of plant cultivation, care, watering and plant related product sales at our retail nursery and garden center headquartered in Pilot Point, Texas.
Rooted In Plants, Rooted In Education, Rooted In Community
What We’re About
At Rooted In, natural resource efficiency is key in everything we do! As environmentally-focused landscaping professionals, we know it doesn’t just help save water — it improves the enjoyability and resilience of our community’s outdoor living spaces.
Our current Rooted In team is committed to helping design and cultivate environments that support and enhance the natural ecosystem, as well as local flora and fauna. We also aren’t afraid to go out on a limb, passing along our proficiency for plant life and conservation, and helping to make sustainable gardening approachable for diverse audiences of every skill level!
Our nationally recognized horticulturists, landscape designers, irrigation and environmental specialists are each dynamic, accomplished educators and are committed to passing on their passion. We look forward to collaborating with the experiences of new team members and are delighted to work with you to grow a better tomorrow! We also like to have fun– and work hard to ensure that we can leaf plenty of time for that!
What The Job Entails
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Water, plant, fertilize, weed, prune, repot, water, and mulch plants, shrubs, and trees in the nursery using various hand and gardening tools
- Provide advice and guidance to customers related to plant choices and care
- Inspect plants to assess quality and health and to identify signs of disease or pests
- Help ensure all plant material is healthy and properly cared for
- Assist customers with purchases, operating the nursery’s point of sale system and resister
- Handle incoming and outgoing plant and product shipments
- Help maintain the inventory of nursery contents including plants and hardline items
- Maintain clean work areas, grounds, and landscaping
- Ensure the irrigation components are working properly; perform basic maintenance and repairs
- Maintain records for plants related to size, watering, feeding, and products used
- Propagate plants by seed or cutting; oversee germination and care
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Can-do attitude and teachability
- Willingness to work weekends (and off hours when necessary)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- A basic to extensive understanding of plants, their care, and preferred growing conditions
- An upbeat problem-solving attitude
- Efficiency completing tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Some prior experience with plant care preferred, on-the-job training also provided
- Preferred membership, participation, or familiarity with either Master Gardener, Master Naturalists, Native Plant Society or similar plant related organizations
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, lifting, and moving items
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at a time
- Must be able to push, pull, bend, lift, stretch, and climb in order to care and manipulate plants to arrange them within the nursery
- 25% off plants
- 20% off hardline items
$12-$15 per hour, commensurate on experience
Email your resume to either ClintWolfe@RootedIn.com or DanielCunningham@RootedIn.com